Effective as of February 11, 2019
The Information we collect and how we collect it:
In this section, we explain what information we collect from you. In the next section, we explain how we use and disclose that information.
In order to provide you with, improve and personalize this site, BabyFirst collects certain information submitted to us by you. Most of this information is not personally identifiable, although in some instances it may identify your computer or device. In some instances, we may request Personal Information, which means that it can be used to individually identify you. However, most features of this site may be used without the need to submit Personal Information. We will only request or collect Personal Information if it is reasonably required for your participation in a particular activity or feature on this site, or for performing a transaction. Other than the information we request, other information may be transferred to us by an automated process when you browse or use this site.
These are the types of information that we collect:
Registration information that you provide us when you register to or create an account, including your first name and surname, country and state of residence, age or date of birth, email, a username, and password. Registration information is required when you register for certain features on the site, such as to establish a monthly account or to receive a newsletter. It is not required for browsing only and is not collected from you if you chose not to register. Only persons over the age of 13 may register and open accounts.
Information provided when uploading data or content or participating in competitions or sweepstakes. This includes information provided when participating in activities such as forums, blogs and communities, and similar features. This may include your first name and surname, country and state of residence, age or date of birth, email, your username, and password, as well as pictures, videos and voice recordings, and his or her first name.
Information provided to perform transactions. When you purchase a product or service from our Site, in addition to your first name and surname, country and state of residence, date of birth, email, username, and password, we may also ask for your street or other billing address and your credit card or other payment details.
Information provided through social media plug-ins. When you link your account to a social media account, s such as a Facebook account, or access this Site through such an account, or when you use social media plug-ins such as the Facebook, Like or Share button, your username and password and other information, including your picture and friends from those platforms may be collected by us and may be visible to others. This information may also be used by the social media platform.
Geolocation Information. When you connect to the Site using a mobile device or tablet, and in some cases, a computer, it may provide us with information regarding your precise geographical location. However, we will not prompt for that information
Computer, browser and Device Information. Use of this site involves the automatic transfer of certain information between your computer or other device, such as a mobile phone or tablet, and our servers, such as your, the type of operating system(e.g.Window or Mac OS) and the type of browser e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Safari or Firefox) you are using, or your mobile or tablet Unique ID (UDID). In addition, the Website’s servers automatically log (record) information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website, which may include details of the pages you visited, services requested and the date and time of your visit or request.
General Information. In addition to the above, we collect general non-Personal Information, such as information on your country or city in order to conduct analytics in order to improve our Site and adapt it to our users.
Use and Disclosure of Information
- We may use the information we collect, including Personal Information, to provide you with, improve and personalize services, features, and content, to manage your account, to contact you, to conduct research and review of our site, services, and features, and to offer you related goods, services and content.
- We may use your information, and allow business partners or affiliates of ours to use it in a manner that is not personally identifiable in order to conduct research about the use of this site, user habits and preferences.
- We may use information, including Personal Information, to send you news and updates regarding this site and to offer you advertisements and promotions of goods and services on behalf of ourselves, or business partners or affiliates. However, we will not share your Personal Information with other parties, except as stated in this Policy, or as specifically authorized by you.
- In certain circumstances, we may provide Personal Information or non-personal information, or both to third parties that provide us with technical services, support or other services regarding the maintenance and operation of this site and its related services. When we do that, we will require the third party not to use the information for any other purpose and not to transfer it to a third party.
- Additionally, we may provide Personal Information or non-personal information, or both to a third party, as required by an order or subpoena issued by a judicial or administrative authority or by a law enforcement agency, or as we may in good faith, consider necessary under law, or upon a request or demand received by us in connection with a legal complaint, claim, suit or procedure.
Third Party Advertisers and Ad Servers
Storage and Security of Information
- We store user information, including Personal Information on our servers, which may be located in different countries, or on servers of third parties who provide us with storage facilities, which may also be in different countries. Any Personal Information or other information may, therefore, be used and stored in a country different from yours.
- Information is stored on secured servers and we shall use our best efforts and industry standard measures, technologies and procedures to preserve the integrity of Personal Information and to thwart unauthorized access and use thereof. However, we cannot guarantee any Personal Information against unauthorized access and use by third parties acting maliciously or in bad faith.
- If we identify a security breach, involving unauthorized access of a third party to your Personal Information, we shall use our best efforts to notify you of such as soon as is reasonably possible, using the contact information that you have previously provided to us.
- You may make choices regarding your information, its collection, and use.
- If you do not wish any information of any type, including non-Personal Information to be collected about you, you should not use this site.
- If you do not wish to submit Personal Information, you should not submit any Personal Information. Please take into account that in this case, you will not be able to use certain features of this site, although you will be able to continue to use other features.
- If you do not wish your username, real name, personal picture or other such information to be published you should not submit data of this type.
- If you do not wish to receive or to continue to receive electronic communications (emails) from us or our business partners you may choose to opt-out from receiving such information by clicking on the link provided in all electronic communications received by you and following the instructions. In such case, we shall refrain from sending you advertising or promotional materials, as detailed in the opt-out message, but shall reserve the right to continue to contact you regarding your account and important information about this site.
- In some cases, we may offer features and services on an opt-in basis. In those cases, you will be asked to affirmatively signify your agreement to use or receive those services or features. If you do not choose to signify your agreement, we will not provide you with those features or services.
- Depending on the type of browser you use, you can set or reset your browser to refuse or limit acceptance of cookies, or certain types of cookies, to warn you when a cookie is being sent, or to delete stored cookies. However, if you do so, certain features and services of our site may become unavailable to you or may not function fully. To learn how to manage or disable cookies, consult your Browser’s documents. Disabling cookies will not necessarily disable all other similar technologies. For information on disabling Flash Cookies please go to the Site of Adobe. For other information about disabling such technologies, you may contact us.
- You may prevent your mobile device, tablet or other devices from giving out geolocation information by using its controls. Consult your device’s documentation for this
Accessing and Modifying Your Personal Information
- You may at any time access and modify any accessible personal Information submitted by you (not including username) by using the access feature on the site.
- You may at any time amend or delete all or some of your Personal Information stored on our servers, by using the delete feature in the My Account area on the site. However, we cannot guarantee that such deletion will remove all such information from all areas of the servers.
- Please note that if you chose to modify, or request us to delete any Personal Information or other information, we may retain copies of the information as originally submitted in order to ensure payment for any goods and services and as may be required by an order or subpoena issued by a judicial or administrative authority or by a law enforcement agency, or as we may in good faith, consider necessary under law, or upon a request or demand received by us in connection with a legal complaint, claim, suit or procedure.
Changes to this Policy
California Privacy Rights
- California Civil Code Section 1798/83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at: Website Manager, First Media, LLC, 3550 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90010, USA, or contact us by email at email@example.com.
- If you are viewing or using this site from a country other than the USA, please be aware that you will be transferring information, including Personal outside of your country. Your continued access and use of this site will indicate your consent to this.
- Please also be aware that the privacy protection laws in the USA may be different from those in your own country.
- This Policy does not govern the collection or use of information by third parties, such as advertisers on our site. For information on how third parties collect and use information, please consult the Privacy Policies of those third parties.
- The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
Mobile Terms of Service
Last updated: July 21, 2022
The babyfirst Store mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by BFTV INC (“BFTV INC”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to babyfirst Store’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of babyfirst Store through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with babyfirst Store. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to +18339013457 or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other babyfirst Store mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms.
For Service support or assistance, text HELP to +18339013457 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.
Website Manager, First Media LLC, 3550 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90010, USA, or by email to email@example.com.